Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Weekend Edition

The sunshine was quite deceptive today.  It LOOKED warm outside but it was quite chilly.  The kids really wanted to play outside and so I let them go out. I had a revolving door today as the girls went outside and played and then came back inside asking Pete to build a fire.  I got a little cleaning done and I finally put away my Spode Christmas China (sniffle) and some other pieces of my Lenox Winter Greetings.  I thought I'd gotten down to my last Christmas tree, but forgot about the one in the guest bedroom. I do have the remaining trees undecorated, so now I'm just referring to them as "winter trees" rather than "Christmas trees" and I'll get to it when I get to it!

We had ballgames this morning. When Ali first awoke she told me that she just didn't feel up to playing in today's game. I certainly understood since she's been sick most  of the week and I can tell she's dropped a few pounds. She doesn't have any spare pounds to drop so she looks a little pale and waif-like. However, after getting up and showering she seemed to feel better and wanted to try and play.  I could tell both girls were a little tired during their games but they still did well. Ali won the "effort award" today for dragging herself out of bed and playing in the game even though she felt lousy. Addie Belle won the "most Christ-like award" for always having a sweet attitude and being a good role model on her team.  I was so proud of both of them!
Now how do you like THAT form?   
Addie Belle is too little to get the ball to the goal. Her coach, Coach Wright, taught her the "granny shot". She hit two goals during practice and was so proud of herself! Coach Wright grabbed her up and slung her around when she hit her first goal! She LOVES Coach Wright!

Ali's team, the Lady Sparks and their Coach, Coach Jones

Ali always looks so skinny after being sick! She still played well though and hit one basket during
the game. She played GREAT defense too!



After a rough week of sickness, I think the Bennetts are on the mend. Ali Grace is working on memorizing the books of the Bible for extra credit in her Social Studies class. Luckily she memorized them in song form while she was in the Children's Choir.  She taped them to the wall and every once in awhile as she walks by the sheet, she sings the song. Thanks to Dwain our Children's director! You've saved us a lot of study time!!


I am so looking forward to tonight. We are watching a movie and Pete suggested we open a bottle of wine and just decompress while watching something completely mindless.  Sounds heavenly. 

Soper's Hole, West End, Tortola British Virgin Islands
Here's my warm weather picture of the day:  Sure hoping we can get back there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment