Friday, January 28, 2011

I've got John Lennon kinda Friends

I have a quote on the wall above my butler's pantry door that's always been one of my favorites. "I get by with a little help from my friends".  The vinyl sticker quote is hard to see if you don't know it's there. John Lennon was right though. I don't know how I'd get by without a little help from my friends! Of all my many many blessings, I definitely know one of the greatest of these is good friends.  

Y'all I had a really rough afternoon today.  Days like today make me think I've really had enough- that maybe I have done all I was meant to do and need to move on. Luckily Brian and Alicia were here when I got home today. I guess they could see the CRAZY OUT OF MY MIND look on my face and Brian poured a glass of Muscato. They had also started supper. London broil, mashed potatoes, green beans, and garlic bread. Y'all I really don't know where we found friends like that. I've always heard that friendship isn't a big thing- it's a million little things. Indeed.

The kids have had a wonderful time playing tonight. They play so well with Cohen.  No, I've not found my card reader but my good friend Alicia, the concrete sequential, loaned me hers.  The only time Alicia ever loses anything is when she loans it to me.

Pictures from tonight's "Carmen is seriously about to go crazy so let's cook her dinner night" follow. Have a great weekend everyone.
Cohen brought his Buzz Lightyear so the crew was all together. Jessie, Woody and Buzz

Addie, Ali, and Cohen

Everyone cooking supper while I take pictures and drink my glass of wine (No these are OUR friends. Do not inquire about them. I will not sell their address or phone number to you).  :)

The kids took the barstools and made "kid tables"

Addie and Cohen

Look at the whiteboard on the left. Ali has been teaching Cohen and Addie how to do division. 

No comments:

Post a Comment