Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snow is on the way

This morning the girls woke up bickering. If there's one thing I have absolutely NO tolerance for, it's the two of them fighting! They get in moods where they want nothing more than to aggravate the stew out of the other one. They get along so well most of the time, but honey when they don't it's on like donkey kong! I figured early on that we were probably not going to be able to get it together for church. I was not in the mood to drag any children out of a sanctuary kicking and screaming. I told them to stay away from each other today! After Pete cut a substantial amount of firewood, he and Ali Grace took a nap on the sofa.

Since the wind was just horrid outside, I let Addie bring her scooter indoors. She didn't ride it that much but stood right on it and watched TV for a good 30 minutes.
The girls are glad to have the day off tomorrow. The weather is looking pretty rough but we're prepared. I'm thankful for a wood burning fireplace. We're expecting substantial ice which is a curse to rural powerlines. I've gotten the girls' ski suits out and found their gloves. Personally, I'm about ready for spring, but since I could use a day or two off of work to spend with the girls and they LOVE the snow so much, I guess I'll take it.

And just as I'm wrapping up today's blog post, THIS is what I see flying by the office window:
After a rough morning of fussing and fighting,  THAT does a Mama's heart good. Addie said Ali was teaching her some "scooter skills".

No comments:

Post a Comment