Friday, January 21, 2011

January Shmanuary

I love Friday nights. I am usually utterly exhausted and knowing I have two whole days ahead of me at home with Pete and the girls makes me so happy and relaxed. I run around like a straight fool all week long putting out fires both at home and at work.  It is exhausting y'all.  I want something different. I'm just not sure what.

I've come to the point in my life where I've been slapped in the face with the reality that there are no perfect people. Maybe you all realized that earlier than I did. I am stubborn. Naive maybe. Totally unrealistic in my expectations- definitely. It's a harsh thing y'all! I have felt very threatened by several things going on in my personal life lately with friends and family. Every single seemingly perfect person with the perfect marriage and the perfect car and the perfect job is carrying around a burden. Sounds so simple. Why am I just now realizing that it is okay to make my own decisions? It's great to take advice from those older and wiser, but after you realize that they're struggling to get through this life just as hard as you are, it makes you realize that you may as well make decisions based on what YOU want in life- not what they think you want.  [Insert long sigh here]  That's the end of my philosophical rant. Without sharing the details, I probably sound like a nut anyway.

The girls had Basketball Spirit Week this week at Edmund Burke Academy. Today was Jersey Day. Addie wore her Upward jersey. I let Ali Grace wear my UGA #8 Jersey. They were both cute as could be! Please feel free to ignore my dirty windows.  Thankfully, the girls are both feeling MUCH better today. I was starting to think it might take a big fat shot of Rocephin to knock out this crud, but they seem to be on the mend today.


Addie got 4 eggs today. She has gotten SO good at gathering eggs after school without being asked! Now we're going to work on folding some of her own clothes!  This is our first full week without Francisca and while my house doesn't look perfect, it's acceptable. It looks "lived in" and I'm getting used to that. I'm actually starting to appreciate it. Now if the laundry heap gets much higher, I may change my mind. So far though, we're hanging in there. 


 January is by far my least favorite month of the year. It is so hard to get back into a routine after the wild holidays around here. The weather is typically dreary.  It is a LONG month- especially for teachers. I'm just not a fan of January. It's too early to even THINK about Spring. Yuck. I found this picture on my card reader tonight. We took this picture while visiting my Aunt and Uncle in Palm Bay, FL over the summer. Something about it makes me feel warmer! Or maybe it's just that my husband is home and has built a HEAVENLY fire in the fireplace. You know- The kind of fire that inspires you to drink a great glass of wine and read the latest Southern Living from cover to cover.  My sweet hubby renewed my lapsed Southern Living subscription over the holidays and I just got my February issue today. Ahhh... I WILL enjoy January. I WILL enjoy January. I WILL enjoy January. Now I need some wine. Have a great weekend everyone! 




3 comments:

  1. What I want in life sounds good to me. I have one of those lived in houses too. Hubby decided he wanted people over after the ballgame tonight- this after we have been gone almost every night this week- laundry piled high, floors needed sweeping and vacuuming, toilets need scrubbing-you get my drift. I spent what little energy I had last night cleaning so he could have a happy celebration. Take it easy and have another glass for me-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never OCD before being pregnant with Ali. After she was born, I just cannot stand for ONE thing to be out of place. Hence our therapeutic need for a full time housekeeper! I'm having to FACE the OCD now! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, we worry and worry when we find out company's coming...running around, trying to pick up every little thing before they get there! Heaven forbid they see our house in a mess, because surely they will go tell everyone they see & talk to for the next three months! Haha, what I have found out to be true is two things: 1. I rarely get all cleaned up before the company shows up and 2. Real friends only see YOU! When you sit and enjoy their fellowship & laughs & good times nothing else matters! Except maybe that sock hanging from the ceiling fan....hmmmm

    ReplyDelete