Monday, January 17, 2011

The 100th day of school





Addie Belle had to do a project over the weekend to celebrate the 100th day of school today. I've never really understood what was so special about this day, but to kindergarten teachers everywhere you'd think it's the 180th day of school, which would REALLY be a reason to celebrate. Addie had to do a project representing 100 of something. I surely did not feel like running into town to get anything so off we went across the road to my parents' garage. We all refer to it as "the Y2K shelter". My daddy buys so many things in bulk and then stores them in the garage for whatever reason. We all make fun of him until times like this when we need Hershey's kisses. I remember once my mom was about to make cocktail sauce and forgot the horseradish. My dad exclaimed, "there's some in the garage"! Horseradish? really? Yes! Along with maraschino cherries, palmolive, spray starch, success rice, chicken broth and luckily- Hershey's kisses!  I don't have the patience for such projects. Pete helped her complete the entire thing and then was totally dejected when she announced to her class today that she and her MOMMY had done the project! Poor dads- don't get enough credit!  Addie wanted her hair curled and I will at least take credit for that.
Addie Belle with her 100th day crown. Woody and Jessie had to be part of the celebration!


Ali woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible fever. She is like a heat rock when she has a fever. I don't need a thermometer. I can tell by her red cheeks and the heat radiating off her body that she's on fire. I gave her some ibuprofen and by daybreak her fever was down. I still kept her home from school today anyway and we had a nice morning together.
Ali is in heaven watching her Mythbusters episodes. 
By lunch, she felt like working on some homework while I cooked.





Now I KNOW some of you out there are thinking "She has lost her mind! She won't let a dog in her house but she will allow a scooter!"  To you I say... well I don't know what to say except yes, yes I did. In the last few weeks we've had sleet, snow, ice, and now rain.  This is GEORGIA! Not Minnesota, not Washington, not North Dakota... GEORGIA.  After a  certain amount of time indoors, we Georgians begin to disintegrate! Well not really, but we do get nutty and furthermore, I hate video games and I'd rather hear the roar of a scooter running circles in my house than gunfire on some video game. There I said it. And even FURTHERmore, the scooter does not shed. Or drool. Or chew up a very expensive monogrammed lunch box.

The fact that I'm posting these pictures with books, socks, ribbons and various other random items strewn all over my floor is a big step for me! My house is a slight wreck and you know what? It'll be alright. It will. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment