Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sweet sunshine!

This morning we had a 2 hour delay and so I didn't have to be at work at the crack of dawn as usual. It was such a nice quiet morning around here. When you have ample time in the morning to get dressed, then the typical morning problems like not being able to locate matching shoes, isn't quite as serious and doesn't instantly turn your morning into chaos. See why starting too early is at the top of the list of reasons why I won't last at LMS too many more years? The girls got up and dressed without much trouble. Ali wanted me to take her picture of her  in her "fur" and of course she had to have matching peace earrings. Addie didn't want me to take a picture of her but I took a picture of her grumpy face anyway!

This is Addie's "grumpy face"


I had not been off the farm since Friday before the ice storm and let me tell you it was so nice to see sunshine and civilization! The sunshine is deceptive though since it is still ferociously cold outside and the wind is terrible. I am about to put some cider in the percolator and hope I thaw out before bedtime. 

Sweet Ali Grace is representing her 4th grade class in the school wide spelling bee tomorrow. I am so very proud of her! No matter how well she does tomorrow, I couldn't be happier for her. How the child does her math homework on her knees in the middle of the floor is beyond me, but whatever works.
Nanny and Poppy came by this evening to bring Addie's lunchbox she'd left in Poppy's truck. They had been chasing horses out in the cold wind. Funny how horses know how to escape only during the coldest weather! Pete worked late tonight but finally made it home. We had supper, finished homework, and even had time for a batch of brownies and some hot chocolate to warm us all up!

Addie's crazy question of the day to her colorblind daddy: "Daddy what happened to make you blindcolored?"  I love that kid.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment