Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hooray for sunshine!




 Thank goodness the sun decided to come out today! Addie didn't even bother to get her bookbag out today. She came inside, got a drink and then went out on the back deck to play. She also got all the eggs from the chicken coop without even being told. For those who are curious, yes, Addie does have a year round cherry limeaid mustache.

I LOVE that my kids enjoy playing outdoors so much and I was glad to take Addie's picture until I realized she had no shoes on. It's not THAT warm here today!





Addie asked if she could play with Jessie and Woody outside and I told her she could. She came out with a frown on her face and said that she had Woody but could not find Jessie.  I almost panicked because when we can't find Jessie,  all life stops until we find her!  As I was about to get up Addie said "I was only teasing you Mama! Woody never goes ANYWHERE with out Jessie".   She helped them climb the rock wall today.

I got very good news this morning when Pete called. We'd had a misunderstanding and I thought he was coming home tomorrow night but actually he's coming home very late tonight. YAY! We had a pretty good girls night last night but all of us would rather Daddy be home.
Ali put her UGA puzzle together in front of the fire during the basketball game

Addie went through my closet and tried on three dresses. 

Then all of us: Ali, Addie, Woody and Jessie piled into bed.
Ali still feels cruddy. She doesn't want to miss school because she doesn't like to have to make up work in addition to her homework. Don't get me started on homework. Y'all should know I am the biggest anti-homework teacher out there! Ugh... I told her if she had to stay home she had to stay home and if we had to, we'd tag team the homework!
still feeling kinda rough. It was inside out day at school today.
We're all looking forward to the weekend around here!  We've had a hard time finding a routine after the Christmas break, snow days, etc. Also hoping Ali feels better since we've about had all of the laying around on the sofa watching Mythbusters we can stand! First on the list for the weekend though- a revised chore list! Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment