Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Single parenting


Ali and Nanny waiting on the steaks to come off the grill!
Pete is off at one of his many Ag functions tonight and tomorrow night so I'm a single parent for a couple days. I don't like it. I'm not good at it. That's all I have to say about that.  Today it was rainy and cold most of the day and it's sure easy to get into a funk when the weather is so dreary. I was a little down since I knew Pete would be leaving this afternoon and I have so much to do around here.  Luckily when I got home my Daddy invited us over for a steak dinner. Talk about perfect timing.

This is the best shot I could get as Addie and Poppy flew through
the front yard on their way to grill out at Poppy's house!



Ali seems to still be a little gunky. Her fever is gone but her throat still hurts and her nose is dripping like a faucet. She and I are watching the UGA/UT game on TV tonight. Now that she's actually been to Stegeman Coliseum, she thinks it's really cool to see it on TV.  





I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I'd make a terrible single parent. I'm very thankful for my husband. He gets on my last everloving nerve but I miss him when he's not here. I don't sleep well when he's gone. That really IS all I'm going to say about that. 


1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel about the single parent thing. My hubby and I pick at each other constantly, but I do love that man and I hate spending one night w/o him. Distance just makes the heart grow stronger.

    ReplyDelete