Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sassy sisters


When these girls are getting along, they are loud, giggly, and hysterical! Last night I took this picture while cooking dinner. They flew by on the scooter together!  When they're good they're VERY good. When they're bad- oh mercy! They will make you want to pull out your hair! They have days where I seriously have considered locking them both in their rooms and daring them to come out because they cannot stop fighting. Then they have days where they are totally inseparable and will look at you like they could kill you when you reprimand the other one. Here they are warming up by the fire. They call it a "foosh fire". Foosh for the sound it makes when the gas starter ignites. They are silly. I know. They get it from me. 


While I was cooking lunch today, I noticed Addie sitting at the bar, reading my February issue of Southern Living. She was commenting on the very cool bathroom decor. That's my girl. She's mine through and through.  

Yesterday, after posting that picture of Soper's Hole in the British Virgin Islands, it made me think about places I've been and want to go back again. Back when I was in college, my family went to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo in Fort Worth, Texas. My brother was showing cattle there and we soaked up the Fort Worth experience. It was awesome! An ad popped up on the side of my facebook advertising the start of the stock show and I thought about how much I'd love to take my children there. It's on my list of things to do before I turn 40. Along with taking the children to Ireland, visiting Machu Picchu and learning to bake.  

Pete doesn't know it yet but he's taking the girls to a prayer walk at EBA tonight for their headmaster. He is having a cardiac ablation at Emory on Tuesday. It's the same procedure Poppy had with quite miraculous results. We are praying for the same miracle for Mr. Cribb.  While they're gone I'm making chicken nachos using this recipe:

Chicken Nachos
  • 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - chopped
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I use canola oil)
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste ( I also add a little fajita or taco seasoning)
  • 1 (12 ounce) package corn tortilla chips, or as needed
  • 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
  • 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
  • Directions

    1. In a medium bowl, stir together the chicken, vegetable oil, and cayenne pepper. Let stand for 15 minutes, or longer if desired.
    2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken mixture, and fry until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat, and set aside.
    3. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spread a thin layer of tortilla chips in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle 1/4 of the chicken, 1/4 of the chilies, and 1/4 of the cheese over the chips. Repeat layers ending with cheese on the top.
    4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cheese is melted and everything is heated through. Serve with your favorite nacho toppings.


    I got this recipe from allrecipes.com several years ago. It's been a long time since I've made it and I've never made it for my picky eaters here. We'll see how it goes! Have a great Sunday everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment