Thursday, January 13, 2011

Reckon anyone eats fried fat back anymore?

I'm so proud of both my girls today. According to reports, even though Ali Grace did not win the spelling bee at EBA, she WAS the cutest kid there! (These reports are completely unbiased of course!)
 Addie Belle was wearing a new pair of soft corduroy pants this morning to school and she insisted her picture be taken in them!

I'm also very proud of the way the girls stepped up and helped out today. Ali Grace helped make supper.
While I was frying fat back for the green beans, I started to wonder if anyone cooks with fat back anymore! Ali Grace loves fat back and she's so doggone skinny, that I always fry extra for her.  I hope her teacher will overlook the grease stains on her math homework!
Addie Belle helped out today by getting NINE eggs from the chicken coop and by bringing in the firewood.

Last but not least today, we were all overjoyed to hear about the arrival of the newest Lyles cousin, Annabelle Hope. She was born this morning weighing 8lbs10oz.  April and Shaun will make great parents. Addie was most excited and said "Yay another 'A' Name!!"

3 comments:

  1. Ali Grace definitely was a "cute speller"! And I'm so proud she got this far...there's a lot of children in that 3rd grade class to compete against! It took a lot of nerves to stand up there in front of all those people! Congratulations, Ali Grace! (And I'm a secret fried fatback lover! Sorry to say, though, it sticks with me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also appreciate what a wonderful job that Carmen & Pete are doing raising them cute little red-headed girls. Best of all teaching them to love The Lord with all there heart!!!

    And welcome to the family Annabelle Hope!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Uncle Robert. I needed to hear that today. :)

    ReplyDelete