Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Grumpy gus!



Don't let these faces fool you! These were the faces of foul children! This morning the back to school reality REALLY set in. Addie was especially grumpy since she's not really a morning person anyway.Her mood improved slightly when she remembered I'd told her she could wear her new John Deere dress and her matching bow that says "Dirt makes me cuter".  After she got dressed, she was at least able to fake a smile. 

Even after a horrid season, Ali still loves her Dawgs! She got a new Georgia ponytail holder for Christmas. Don't they pair well with those peace sign earrings? :) She really tickles me lately and it seems like everyday
 something changes about her that makes me realize she's really growing up. Lately she loves anything with a peace sign. Nanny got her a whole card of peace sign earrings in different colors. She still couldn't care less what she wears as long as she has a pair of peace sign earrings to match!She got her report card today and I am so proud of her! She only had one B in Math of course! The rest were A's. She's such a sweet smart angel.  I am so proud of the way she's adjusted to a new school this year. It hasn't been easy for her, but she's starting to adjust well and feel at home at Edmund Burke Academy. Addie went to sleep tonight before I thought to ask for hers. I went through her bookbag and could not find it. Hmmm...hope that's not a bad sign!!  :)  Addie is so happy at school and I really like her teacher. Addie comes home so excited  about the bible lessons they have in the morning and it's so entertaining to hear her retell the story as though I'd never heard it before. My favorite is her rendition of Moses and the burning bush. She came home and told me the whole story as if it was a movie she saw or a book she'd read. She started out by saying "Mama I heard the COOLEST story ever!".  She also loves to tell me about  the Egyptians or "begyptians" as Addie calls them.

Tonight we had friends over for dinner and the kids had a great time playing. I was afraid Ali might attempt to stowaway in the Wideners' car, since their daughter Hailey is the greatest thing since sliced bread according to Ali, but I went upstairs no more than 15 minutes after they left and she was out like a light. I love this time of the evening when children are sleeping.  It's about the only time of day I can get anything done!

No comments:

Post a Comment