Monday, January 24, 2011

Misery free Monday

Addie had a rough morning! She just wanted to sit in the chair with her Daddy and sleep.

As Mondays go, today was a good day. Murphy's Law did apply though. I picked the girls' clothes out last night, along with matching bows, earrings, etc. Then this morning as we're getting dressed someone remembered it was pajama day. Ugh... Seriously y'all?  We survived the wardrobe change and everyone made it out of the house on time.

Ali had no homework thank goodness. Pete took her to basketball practice and Addie stayed home with me. She hasn't bounced back from being sick yet and had a low fever. We decided staying home and painting fingernails was a better choice.
No she's not flashing gang signs. She's showing off her purple nail polish!
As you can tell, there is folded laundry on my drop leaf table and on the back of my sofa. I'm blogging. I'm doing okay. It's like when Dr. Phil took those germophobic people and made them face their fear by licking a dumpster. I'm sitting here looking at those clothes cluttering my living room and licking my  proverbial dumpster!  

This morning before Addie Belle left for school she tugged on my arm and said "Mama I need to tell you something 'portant".  I asked her what and she said " You're the best mama in the world".  Isn't she the sweetest? Doesn't she know how to play me like a fiddle?



Warm weather picture of the day: 
I took this picture back in the summer on one of those oppressively hot summer july days that we parents think are unbearable but the kids can still tolerate. I don't know what these two are talking about together. They didn't know I was watching. I think they were on their way to "check out the fillies", which is Addie's way of saying we're going to sit on the fence and let the horses nibble the toes of our shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment