Thursday, January 6, 2011

A great day to be sedated





This morning Addie had to have her last filling done at Dr. Spratling's office in Martinez. Addie ADORES Dr. Spratling and she loves going to the dentist. I don't know why she loves this train set at his office so much!  I really enjoyed the quiet afternoon at home today. Addie slept off her sedative most of the afternoon and since it was rainy and cold outside, it seemed like to me a state of sedation might be the way to go! I took a short nap but before I knew it it was time to pick Ali Grace up at EBA. 
Ali had a semi-meltdown on the way home today over having to stay 5 minutes after class to finish a spelling assignment. Good grief the child has a 100 average in Spelling. I had a long talk with her about reasons to melt down-  breaking the heel on a nice pair of italian leather pumps on the way to a broadway show, having to meet the United States Secretary of Agriculture in your sweatpants because of a flight delay out of Savannah, getting your garment bag caught in the people mover at Union Station...(all of which have happened to me)... now THOSE are reasons to melt down!!  Spelling homework? I don't think so. I think she was upset mostly because she was afraid I would be angry about her having to stay after class. Please child. I wish that was the worst disciplinary infraction I had to deal with as a teacher. We made chocolate chip cookies this afternoon and that seemed to fix everything!

1 comment:

  1. Loven Addie's dress!!!! And cookies make everything better!!! I had kids fighting in the lunch room today, a girl who spread poop on the bathroom walls, and a mom who told me wayyyyyy too much info about her monthly!!! I think I need a cookie!!!

    ReplyDelete