Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I'm 35 and I still need my Mama! (and I'm not ashamed to admit it)


We had a hectic day today. I took Ali Grace to school with me because she had a dr's appointment at 9:15 and I wanted to avoid getting a substitute. Don't ask me WHY I have a hard time taking a day off of work. It's an affliction. A curse. A serious problem! Ali had a flu shot and a Hepatitis A vaccination today.  Anyhow, after her appointment Ali Grace came back to school with me for a few minutes and then Nanny picked her up and took her to Subway for lunch. They had such a nice afternoon together and I was not surprised that she and Nanny hung out the rest of the day rather than Ali going back to school for the afternoon.  :)  When I came home today, I REALLY wanted  some barbecue pork chops. Nanny makes the BEST barbecued pork chops ever. I told her I'd bring the pork chops if she'd cook them. The were delicioso! My mother is a fabulous cook.

This is the face of abject misery. Ali has had a hard time getting her homework done lately. Her grades are still ridiculously high, but she is having some trouble getting all her classwork done. Her pediatrician upped her dose of Concerta slightly. She had gained half a pound and grown 1.5 centimeters since November. We were hoping for a little more weight gain but were very happy about her height! She is so very very tiny and so we're keeping a watch on her weight since Concerta tends to fool with your appetite. 

We cannot wait till this weekend! The kids are so excited about visiting their cousin Colten. We're going to a UGA basketball game together and spending the night at Colten's house. Again, I probably shouldn't have told the children until later in the week! They have been CRAZY asking when we're going and what we're going to do! I'm so glad they are close with their cousins. Addie Belle and Ali Grace dearly love Colten, Emma and Sarah. This weekend we'll get to see Colten and weekend after next, we hope to see Sarah and Emma. I'm not making the mistake of letting the cat out of the bag about the latter trip! I've already answered a dozen questions just today about the trip to see Colten this weekend!! I've learned from that mistake!


1 comment:

  1. I have not told!!! We will get through his party Friday night!! Then Saturday morning I will tell!!

    ReplyDelete