Thursday, February 10, 2011

Just what I need on a night like this!

This has been a rough week! The kids are wild (both my students and my own!).  This cold rainy weather has everyone a little stir crazy I guess. Tonight I have to brag on my sweet Ali Grace! She finished her homework SUPER FAST! You all who know me well, know that I hate homework, that it's against my religion to assign homework, AND I despise homework. So I'm a little redundant. You get my point? I just value my family time SO much and with an ADD kid like Ali Grace, we have little semblance of a family life during the week.  But, tonight she finished by 5:30 and while I needed to clean the house a little since Pete's mother is coming tomorrow night, I instead decided Gran would rather us have dinner together than clean the house for her upcoming visit. So, we headed to dinner at Camino Real in Waynesboro.

When we got home the girls wanted to watch Despicable Me and hurried into the shower and then hopped onto the sofa for some snugglebug time!  





We are so looking forward to tomorrow's Valentine's Day festivities. Edmund Burke Academy has winter break Monday and Tuesday, so they are celebrating Valentine's Day tomorrow instead. Addie got a new Valentine dress off Etsy.com and it arrived just in time today. It is just adorable and I can't wait to see her in it tomorrow. Ali of course, is too cool for such festive dress! :)  
And while I'm at it let me brag on my husband. I was telling him a few days ago that I'd like to go to the Burke Perk sometime soon. It's a really neat restaurant in town and one of my New Year's resolutions was to do more to support local businesses. Anyhow, I secretly heard him making Valentine's Day reservations at the Burke Perk on the phone today! I was still going to let him "surprise" me, BUT he cannot keep a secret from me to save his sweet life! Whenever he buys my Christmas or birthday gifts, he just cannot stand himself until he tells me what it is or talks me into opening it early. So quite typically tonight, not 45 minutes after making the "surprise" reservations, he couldn't hold it in any longer! He cracks me up, drives me crazy and makes my world go round. His mom is taking the girls home with her Saturday and keeping them till Tuesday, so looks like Pete and I have a hot date Monday at the Burke Perk! 
BRING ON THE WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment