Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Birthday sweet Adeline!





Today is my Addie Belle's 6th birthday.  It is hard not to be heartbroken over how fast time seems to fly by but watching her grow up is surely one of God's greatest blessings.  From the time she was born, she marched to the beat of her own drummer.   There are no words to say how much I love her and what a blessing she is to all of us. It seems like yesterday that Pete and I were browsing through a Barnes and Noble and Pete picked up a name book. One of the first girls name listed was Adeline and I fell in love with it. Great Mama's middle name was Belle, so we had a name. She has a special corner of my heart. Happy Birthday sweet Adeline!

This is my all time favorite picture of Addie Belle. No other picture has ever quite captured her "addie-tude" better than this one.  Every time I see it I think about "What you talkin' bout Willis?"  Cracks me up.


This picture was taken the first time Addie met her cousin Colten. I just love the look on her face! She pretty much still has that same look when Colten comes to visit.



Addie was never prone to throwing fits, but she did once while visiting Great Mama in Old Town. I don't remember what the fit was about but we all got a good laugh out of it.


Addie and Ali with Father Bob LeFavi, St. Luke's Episcopal Church 
Rincon, GA



Addie at the Crab Shack Tybee Island
Addie did not like the smell of the salt marsh and kept swatting her nose the entire time we were there.



I love this picture of Addie and Ali Easter 2008. Their Uncle David brought them pearls from the Middle East and Ali sweetly explained in such an enchanted voice to Ms Kitterman at church that her uncle brought the pearls from a faraway land. Addie punched her and said they came from Target! I really could have choked her right then and there. I don't think the child had ever even been in a Target store. I have no idea what sort of devilish thing got into her!

Addie Wrightsville Beach Summer 2009




Ali meets her baby sister for the first time.  Unfortunately Ali also cut her own hair for the first time a few days before!

Addie, Nanny and Poppy

Addie, Gran and Papa

Ali, Addie and Aunt Beth

one of my favorite sister shots!

Addie and her cousin Emma. They are about 6 weeks apart and were often mistaken for twins rather than cousins!



Addie Belle and Great Mama Iona Belle Lyles
Great Mama was blessed with the smoothest softest skin and we loved watching the great grandkids love on her!



AND TODAY... on her 6th birthday, I let Addie ride Peaches alone. She's growing up WAY too fast. Looks like we're gonna need a new set of bitty baby sized stirrups!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADDIE BELLE! 

2 comments:

  1. Carmen! I absolutely LOVE the pic of Addie and Grandma Lyles -- she was truly one of my favorite people -- treasure that picture -- there isn't/wasn't anyone else in the world like Grandma Lyles

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe how cute!!! Happy Birthday to her :)

    ReplyDelete