Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Kinda Thursday

Today was a rough day. Well the day wasn't too bad. The evening was rough.  Ali missed a day of school going to the doctor this week and we've played literal hell catching up. I would home school if I could. I am not kidding one bit. I never imagined myself saying that but I swear I could. Not that Ali's school isn't wonderful. It is. It really is. The environment there is just wonderful. I am so thankful for the Christian influence there. I am thankful for Ali's good friends who are great kids. But, wow wouldn't it be wonderful to move at your own pace and if a kid understands a concept, wouldn't five problems suffice rather than 30?  I know some folks homeschool for the wrong reasons but I totally get those who homeschool for the right ones. I really do get it.  Now moving on...



This cold evening with endless makeup work and homework SCREAMED for chocolate chip cookies.  We ate cookies and watched Secretariat tonight! It was a great movie although I wanted to see more of Secretariat's training and was hoping to see more of Claiborne Farm and Churchill Downs since Pete and I have been there a few times. I also didn't like that they left out the part about Lucien Laurin's son being Secretariat's first trainer and that the son coaxed the father out of retirement to train this great horse. And I DEFINTELY think it's a travesty that the scene before the Derby did not include the singing of at least PART of My Old Kentucky Home. This is unforgivable. AND furthermore,  Oh well.. Ali now wants to be a jockey when she grows up and we watched the youtube video of the '73 Kentucky Derby 3 times.

I have an unspoken prayer request tonight for a situation in my life that I thought I could help but I cannot. I need to accept that this is a situation I cannot fix and as hurtful as it is to me, I have to stop letting it affect my own family.  I need help understanding that this really isn't my business and I have to let it go and let the people involved handle their own issues from here on out.  Life sure ain't easy y'all. I am so very happy for the upcoming weekend.

3 comments:

  1. YOu know I so agree with students being able to move, fast or slow, at their own pace!! You also know that we love you guys so much!! Prayer is indeed needed! We are really looking forward to seeing you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so they did show the CROWD singing My Old Kentucky Home for like 2 seconds. That's not long enough to count.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Beth! We are really looking forward to coming up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete