Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday ALL DAY LONG...

I'm too old for a weekend in Athens. I admit it. I am. The kids were up and at 'em this morning. I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. I felt terrible. We had lots of teachers out today and I knew it, so there was no way I could call in. I dragged myself to work, hoping Mountain Dew and Hershey's kisses could get me through the morning. I got to school and things were okay until 2nd period when I had to separate a fight between 8th grade boys in the bathroom. Soaring blood pressure did not do much for my sinus headache AND I broke a nail. THEN when I dragged myself out to the car this afternoon the battery was dead! My friend Shannon stayed with me until I could figure out what to do. I decided to do what any good Southern girl would do. I called my Daddy! ( In the South we sort of change the vowel sound so it sounds more like "DEddy" than "Daddy".)  Anyhow, thankfully he came and after a trip to NAPA I was able to drive home. He also fussed at me about my tires not having enough air and fixed that too.


Ali Grace had a good day and was happy to head to basketball practice tonight. Addie B on the other hand- not so much. Between the cold weather, recovering from a wild weekend, and me feeling generally yucky, we made the executive decision to ditch basketball practice tonight. Addie's practice doesn't end till 8:30 and she's usually asleep by that time. Tonight, we're snuggling on the sofa watching Princess Protection Program. Sure am hoping for a better day tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Love Princess Protection Program- great for snuggle time after a long hard day. Enjoy taking it easy and it is okay to ditch practice to recover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only way I got up this morning, was I knew I was just working half a day!! But, I have not stopped all day!!! I am counting the seconds until 10 tomorrow, when my observation is done!!! I am ready to breathe!!

    ReplyDelete