Thursday, February 17, 2011

Winter Break

Before we began our winter break this afternoon, I started the day with a "break" of my own. I was driving down the road, barely into Jefferson County and heard a loud pop and I thought I'd been shot. Well it wasn't quite THAT loud but it WAS loud. I realized that I'd had a major wardrobe malfunction. With modesty in mind, let me just say that Janet Jackson comes to mind.  I had no Justin Timberlake to help, so I had to turn around and go back home to replace the essential components to my wardrobe. Never a dull moment.



Pete and I began our winter break this afternoon and we couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather!  I came home and immediately opened the doors and windows.  I cannot wait to dive into this long weekend. We have a whole lot of nothing planned this weekend other than ballgames and a small birthday get together for Addie.

Ali Grace was quite proud of her 100 on her science test! It was one that slipped by her and she didn't study.  Go Ali go!

The girls had a great afternoon shooting baskets in the garage and postponing homework till the last possible minute.




Addie checked the eggs and fed the chickens this afternoon. She's gotten to where she's almost 100% responsible for the chickens. Most days she doesn't even need to be reminded to check them. 



Unfortunately Pete's mother is in the hospital with a bad case of diverticulitis. Apparently Ali, Addie, and an overdose of Valentine's candy sent her right over the edge this week! Just kidding! We're so sad that we won't get to see Gran and Papa for Addie's birthday this weekend but we'll take lots of pictures and put them on the blog just for you Gran! 




1 comment:

  1. Dear Carmen,

    Them little red-headed girls sure are growing. Y'all must use 20-20-20 on them.
    Are maybe all the protein from fresh eggs.

    Love,
    unclerobertlyles

    ReplyDelete