Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sweet Southern Sunday

Addie in pigtails she did herself!

Penelope Pitstop racing across the road!


There really is something special about Sundays in the South. Today's gorgeous weather forecast had me antsy to get out of bed early! We made a big breakfast and although we had to herd cats to get everyone dressed, we made it to church on time.  We had dinner at Foster's in Louisville and it was delicious! I haven't been there in a while, but I will be back soon!  Addie ate 3 chicken legs! She is growing like a weed.

After lunch, Ali's friend Jordan came over for awhile. Ali and Jordan were good friends at Louisville Academy and they don't get to see each other that often nowadays. They had a blast riding the scooter around the farm and generally being rowdy country kids. I was outside watching them act like nuts and noticed my tulips had grown exponentially since yesterday!!


We had ribs on the grill for supper and they were outstanding. I took this picture with my cousin Meredith in mind. When we were wee ones, she had no front teeth but she loved my daddy's barbecued ribs so much she figured a way to make it work. We hardly ever have ribs that we don't talk about Meredith's love for ribs and barbecue in general. She even got stopped at the Augusta Airport  trying to board a plane to Norfolk with three pounds of frozen barbecue. The TSA wanted to confiscate it but the good Southern brethren in Augusta convinced the TSA agents that to steal a girl's 'cue would be a federal offense.
Mere- this pic's for you girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment