Friday, February 18, 2011

A Day in the Country is Worth a Month in Town..

I love that quote. I really do. I don't mean to disparage people who live in town- especially around here where even "town" is pretty darn rural. But I'm so glad I live in the sticks. It's not for everyone, but it's an absolute paradise for me. I love this William Penn quote: "The country life is to be preferred, for there we see the works of God; but in the cities little else but the works of men."  Tis true indeed.

Mirage loved all over Addie



While Rhapsody and Cortina ignored us, preferring the sunshine and the hay to our treats.


This morning Ali informed me that her entire class had agreed to wear shorts today since the temperature was expected to push 80 degrees. I wasn't even sure if the girls had shorts that still fit!

Addie made quite a fashion statement with her shorts and sweater with a hood. Whatever. I've got bigger battles to fight! I thought the girls would enjoy a nice slow morning with a big breakfast since I was off today and they had school. Oh no! They hovered around Pete ready to go to school because they said they like to be there early to "socialize" in the library. Well then!


Since Addie's birthday get together sort of disintegrated what with Gran being in the hospital and Uncle David arriving on the red eye from Haiti tonight, we just decided to give Addie her trampoline today. Pete worked on putting it together while the girls were in school today.  I just watched him work.  I am blessed with a handy husband.



Pete reading the instructions! 



I think she likes it!

and so does her sister!







We just sort of ignored the part of the trampoline instructions that said "Made in Hong Kong: Caution this device could cause you to break your head".  No kidding. So far no one has broken their head.

We went across the road and had the best steak in Burke County for supper tonight.
My daddy is quite the grillmaster. The steaks were delicious.   The weather was so nice today I talked Pete into bringing the hot tub out of hibernation. The kids love playing in the hot tub, but I told them that the 60 degree well water might need a little time to heat up!


Addie's class is studying maps. Last night she said she needed to take a map to school. I was going to print a map of Burke County off the internet and put a star on Edmund Burke Academy's location but noooooo... that's not the Addie way. She insisted that Ms McDonald told her they could bring ANY map of ANY size. So, she wanted to take the canvas map of the USA off the playroom wall. I apologize Ms McDonald, but you can't give Addie those sort of parameters. Otherwise, you get a map of ANY size which might not fit through your classroom door. Love it.


Please say a special prayer for Gran tonight. She's still in the hospital and now probably won't be out until Monday. We all love you Granny and hope you're well soon!  I'd put more pictures on here for you to see while you're in the hospital but I'm about to lock my computer down! More pictures tomorrow! 




2 comments:

  1. I agree life in the country or small town is so much better than life in the city. We just made the trip to Augusta yesterday and I was reminded I don't need to live close to the mall or the traffic. Love the trampoline- bet the girls are having a blast. MW wants to know when she is going to see Addie again. We must make a playdate- what about next Saturday or Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about next Sunday afternoon? Saturday is their last ball game and they have the banquet that afternoon, but nothing on Sunday that I know of!

    ReplyDelete