Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Movie Night

Tonight I was so proud of Ali Grace for zooming through her homework. We got our Netflix movie in the mail today and I was hoping to be able to watch it with the girls tonight. However, everyone knows what a nightmare homework can be around here and I didn't get my hopes up. Luckily, Ali finished quickly. While I was helping Ali with homework, Addie vanished. I called for her and when she peeked out of my bedroom door, she announced that she was now able to put her hair in pigtails all by herself.


We watched the movie "Dreamer". It's a 2005 Dakota Fanning movie and it was a tear jerker. Kris Kristofferson was great as well. The movie was a little sappy and predictable but a great storyline for kids. I especially liked it because the movie was inspired by the filly "Mariah's Storm". She had a catastrophic injury leading up to the 1993 Breeder's Cup but made a remarkable comeback, winning all three stakes races for her age.

After the movie, Pete brought home pizza. He had to work late and we sure missed him. This wasn't really his kind of movie night anyhow. Kris Kristofferson doesn't have the same effect on him as he does on me.  We all enjoyed pizza together and it was just perfect.



Addie eating popcorn with remnants of chocolate chip cookie on her mouth!


Oh and one more thing... I went out onto the back deck take some scraps to Bess, our collie and I heard the sweet sweet sound of crickets and frogs. There are few sounds more beautiful than that.  Spring really is on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment