Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Bulldog Babies


 We capped off this weekend in style! The girls and their cousin Colten had lunch at Zeb's in Danielsville. My brother and I were raised on Zeb's brunswick stew and my parents used to eat there when they were students at UGA. I remember going to Zeb's when you had to climb down these rickety stairs into the smokehouse to go to the restroom. Cats would run everywhere when you got down there. That's why I never get sick. Zeb's built up my immune system.  Here's a pic of the kids posing in front of a Dale Earnhardt poster that's been hanging there since I was their age!



We got to campus early and Pete ignored the "closed to the public" signs at the UGA practice field and told the kids to run out on the field.  Ali Grace did not want to get arrested and did not buy the excuse "they left the gate open."  Hence, she's not in the pictures. The two hellions amongst us had no problem bucking the rules. Notice the two of them on the 50 yard line.

RUN Addie Belle! I hear sirens!

After the UGA Mens' OT win against Auburn, we were excited to watch the UGA Women take on the other team from Alabammer, the Tide. Today was the Cancer Awareness game and the kids got free pink jerseys.  


They also got tickets to Hairy Dawg's birthday party and shared a cupcake with him in the hospitality room!

Of course Woody and Jessie came to the game with us.  We had a great time even though the game with Alabama was never really a game. I think UGA won by more than 20. Georgia was never behind  the entire game.  We loved watching some great plays though and the kids enjoyed the magic show at half time. 



We got home to Vidette just in time for a fire in the fireplace, hot chocolate and the Superbowl. This weekend, as always, it was GREAT to be a Georgia Bulldog!























No comments:

Post a Comment