Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Kids Go To Grandma's part 1

We had early ball games this morning but we made it out of the house, to the Pineland Bakery, and to the gym on time! I had my regular cream cheese danish and it was wonderful of course. BUT, I also had some Southern Swiss milk, produced and bottled right here in Burke County! I have been wanting to try Southern Swiss milk since I mentioned it in my blog last summer and I finally was able to, since the bakery started selling their milk. It was SO good and I think it tasted even better knowing it was produced and bottled  right down the road!

Since the Lady Sparks were missing their star, Memory Kate, Coach Jones told the girls they had to step it up a notch. I was so proud of Ali today! She really stepped it up! She got some great rebounds and even stole the ball a few times. She's a great shot but in the past she's never been aggressive enough to get rebounds and such. She did great today and I was so proud of her effort! Addie- well let's just say she was not amused by the idea of playing basketball today. She totally zoned out playing with her pony tail and got hit in the noggin with the ball as it fell from the rim. That really ticked her off and since playing basketball with your arms crossed and your lips poked out is virtually impossible, she didn't have much success. She didn't care at all. She was just glad to have her Gran and her cousin Emma there to watch. I think she was so ready to come home, pack her suitcase, and head to Jesup, that she just sort of fast forwarded through the ball game.  After the game, we had pizza and came home to pack suitcases. The kids were so excited and I have to admit I felt a little guilty sending my two girls off all jacked up on Valentine's candy and giddy over spending the next 3 days with Emma. Bless Granny's heart. 










After the girls took off to Jesup on their wild weekend adventure, Pete and I took a ride around town old folks style, then went out to dinner at Coleman Lake where we had quail, shrimp, and every other thing imaginable. It was wonderful and while we love talking with the children about their activities and such, it surely was nice to have some adult conversation while only slicing our own food.  Right now we're enjoying a lazy evening by the fire. Oh and I miss my girls already. 

1 comment:

  1. Great picture of the girls with Mrs. Toni!

    ReplyDelete