Friday, February 25, 2011

Weekend!


They say dogs are a better judge of character than people are. I have to agree. Our dachshund mix, Millie, loves Ali Grace. Ali has a sweet spirit and I think Millie knew that immediately.  Babies love Ali Grace too. 

This week is National FFA Week and therefore, our resident FFA Advisor has been largely absent. We have not seen much of him and this afternoon was no different! Grrr!! However, he did slice out time to meet the girls and me for supper at the Huddle House. The girls and I ordered something typical but Pete ordered a steak. As soon as the steak arrived, my little carnivore, Addie, started chanting "BEEF BEEF BEEF!".  I have never seen a child her age love steak as much as she does! She ate as much of Pete's steak as he did. Addie does not eat bread at all. She eats veggies and meat. She is a walking Atkins commercial. At least once a week Addie will ask Poppy to grill her a steak. Once we had country fried steak and Addie looked at me and said, "this is not steak. I like the kind of steak Poppy makes across the road."  Good thing I am confident in my motherhood or my children would send me over the edge!

Tomorrow is the girls' final Upward game. We are glad to have our weekends free again but we will really miss playing and practicing. Ali and Addie both have been wonderfully blessed by the program. I am especially proud of Ali Grace. She is so meek and quiet. I love that about her, but I think she could use a little more self confidence. Coach Jones and Upward Sports  have given her that. I am SO glad we made the decision to sign the girls up. We are already looking forward to next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment