Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend Wrapup

 

We had rough storms last night and so both girls piled in our bed to sleep. I loved snuggling with them before we fell off to sleep but when I woke up about 5am contorted in some completely unnatural position, I immediately regretted even attempting to sleep in the same bed with a 6 year old and a 9 year old. My neck hurt terribly and my hip felt weird. I'm getting to be a regular senior citizen! When I put my foot on the hardwood floor I winced, remembering the stone bruise I got yesterday running down the walk barefooted. What was I thinking? We didn't make church :(  and then the storms from last night returned about 9am, nailing shut any plans we might have had for the outdoors today. It's still amazing to look out the windows and see how much the trees have budded out and the pastures have greened up just in the past 2 days.
Pete and Addie got a really slow start this morning...

Addie was very productive during the thunderstorm this morning. She practiced writing her spelling words. Heaven knows she needs the handwriting practice. She has not missed a single sight word this entire school year. Not one. Her handwriting is terrible though! She's sitting with her zippidee doo dah snow globe. The kid has a thing for snow globes.

After the rain stopped, Addie rode over too see Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Carlos who were stopping by on their way to Richmond to visit Julie, Cindy, Goran and Chuck.. Oh who am I kidding! They're going to see baby Anneli. The rest of you are really low on the list compared to sweet Anneli! 

Uncle Carlos showed Addie the Bob Marley hat he got on a recent trip to the Islands! :)

Addie had to give it a whirl! Kinda cute mon!



After awhile, Ali came over too see Bonnie and Carlos too. I think she smelled the grill cooking something good! We had a great dinner together.  I have no idea why Ali grabbed a Christmas sweater out of my closet on the way out the door.



We enjoyed dinner together and afterwards the women sat around talking about everything from Obamacare to how to get rust stains out of clothes. Unfortunately, there's work and school tomorrow so we had to end our evening early to get back in time for baths and homework. We're looking forward to seeing Bonnie and Carlos again on their return trip back to Florida. We're really looking forward to getting through this week and enjoying our spring break!


No comments:

Post a Comment