Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lovin' this weekend!


First thing this morning, Addie asked to ride her bike over to Nanny and Poppy's house. It was a bit early and chilly out but I was glad she was excited about getting on her bike again after having a bad accident a few days ago so I let her go. She remembered her helmet this time. :) She spent the morning helping Poppy at the farm. 



Ali and I had a slow morning at home doing laundry and sitting on the porch.  We walked over to get Addie about lunch time. We really enjoyed the nice weather. These two nosy girls, Mirage and Anastasia, did too!
After lunch Pete came home with a few ferns, and some ornamental pepper plants. We planted a few on the deck and put some in pots for the screened porch.

This afternoon it got very quiet and I thought Addie must be asleep since I hadn't heard her at all upstairs. I went upstairs to check on her and she was in the playroom reading a book. I just stood outside the door and listened to her, knowing if she saw me she'd stop. Talk about melting your heart! She really likes to read and she's getting better at it every day. 


I'm glad both my girls love reading. Ali Grace is on her 234235235th Saddle Club book.


We had a big supper. Beef roast, mashed potatoes, green beans and sweet tea. We're looking forward to movie night tonight. We're watching The Sandlot 2 on Netflix. The girls love movie night and I do too- mainly because I hold it over their heads all day long in order to get them to do their chores and get along with each other. We are looking forward to church tomorrow and a visit from Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Carlos. The girls love when their Great Aunt and Uncle visit. It's like Santa in the Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment