Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lazy Saturday

Who couldn't love this picture of Addie? She is totally in love with her bike these days. I just can't resist taking pictures of her over and over. 

Bikes for some, horses for others....  I love this picture of Ali on Peaches with Bessie, our collie, faithfully following along behind.



Ali is such a graceful rider. I could sit on the fence and watch her all day.







Thank goodness our resident drama queen woke up with a better attitude this morning! Of course it could be because I let her eat a Klondike bar for breakfast. 


The girls got along fairly well after I had a meltdown this morning and sent them outside in the cold. They could not stop bickering and so I had them dressed and outside by 10. Argue out in the cold! I was tired of hearing it. Luckily they seemed to get along fairly well the rest of the day. 


Evil Kneival wanted to try and ride down Poppy's driveway. I was a little leery since there's a pond on both sides of their driveway.   She did fine on the way down....


but wasn't thrilled about having to push her bike back up the hill. 

This morning Addie wanted to wear a skirt. Imagine that. It was just too cold and I told her she had to wear pants. She did have a matching bow so that made everything okay. Now what kind of kid who wants to wear a skirt and a matching bow heads straight for the mud puddles? 


Unfortunately, as our day wound down, Addie was washing her bike and got into fire ants. Fire ants really tick her off.  I found Woody and Jessie, reminded her that Colten was coming to visit tomorrow and promised her favorite "Basagna" for supper. Ali took over her egg duties. Crisis averted. 








1 comment:

  1. These are such fantastic pics, Carm! And you are right,...although I don't anything about anything equestrian, you can tell even from still pictures how graceful Ali is on that horse. Amazing. Her posture is incredible! Also, I can't believe how grown up she looks in that last picture fetching the eggs. Crazy!
    Addie in those puddles cracks me up too :)- Mere

    ReplyDelete