Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Movie, A Marriage and a Memory that made me laugh...

When it's wet and chilly outside, it's so hard to get out of the bed. This morning I even played Jimmy Buffet on the way to work, hoping it would motivate me to scoot on through this week. Fail. It only made me want to turn around and head to the coast!  Listening to Buffet may me think about my friend, Michelle. We taught together at Effingham County Middle School. She was a little older than me, a little more conservative and married to an accountant. We used to joke about "catching a wave" every time things got tough. Things always get tough when you teach middle school. That's a given. You can imagine my surprise though when one day I walked in and found her leaned back in her teacher's chair listening to one of Jimmy Buffet's more "colorful" songs on the radio. I laughed out loud this morning while listening to Buffet and said to myself "catch a wave".  I hope she's doing well and I sure do miss her terribly sometimes.

The weather report didn't do much to lift my spirits since the weather is supposed to be cool in Saint Augustine this weekend where we've rented a house with Pete's brother and his family for a few days. Oh well. It'll be good to get away for awhile regardless.

Pete had a Cattleman's meeting tonight in town so the girls and I decided on an impromptu movie night. Addie still doesn't feel well so she piled up on the sofa happily.
Ali finished most of her homework quickly, so she piled up under the blanket for a movie too. We watched Karate Kid. The remake was nothing like the first one. I distinctly remember standing in line with my mother at the grocery store when I was a kid and begging her for some trashy magazine that had a picture of Ralph Macchio in it. She looked at me like I had lost my mind. 

I got this in the mail today..

an invitation to my cousin Cindy's wedding at Saint Mary's Church, Helsingborg, Sweden. I might just take off and go. Still thinking about it! I'm so happy for Cindy. We really like her hubby to be. He came down summer before last and spent some time here on the Ponderosa and ran successfully through the gauntlet. He's a keeper. Congratulations Chuck and Cindy! I am so happy for you two.  














1 comment:

  1. 2" rain @ Villa City in the past 24 hours!

    My vote is: I'd go to the wedding !!! Y'all would have a blast ....

    Love,
    unclerobertlyles

    ReplyDelete