Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Help Emilia Help!!


This teeny picture is a picture of the large chair in my living room. The chair really doesn't match anything else in the living room but we keep it there because it's oh so comfy. Now however, there's no point in having the chair because not only does it not match, but it's constantly filled with laundry waiting to be folded. The chance that someone will be able to sit in it is slim to none. If you look closely you can also see the dust under the chair and several other bits of evidence that I'm losing the clean house battle here. All it takes is a couple days of working late or one weekend away from home and poof! Craziness ensues around here. So.... enter Emilia. My sweet Mama hired her to clean my house this week. If she does a good job, then I'll pay her from here on out. She seems very nice and said she loves to clean. I consider that a mental illness, but whatever.  Since Francisca flew the coop,we've done okay. The girls have not done too terribly bad, but unfortunately I am somewhat OCD about the house and a whole lot ADD. I cannot focus on one thing very long. I start cleaning the sink and notice that the flowers need to be watered and while I'm watering flowers I find one of the girls' flip flops and when I take it to their closet I realize that clothes need to be sorted... and on and on.. At the end of the day, I am exhausted and nothing has been accomplished. It's a bad combination of "the house must be spotless" and "where did I leave my broom". OCD meets ADD if you will..   Maybe Emilia can help save my sanity.  


Today was a great day to be outside. Addie enjoyed jumping in the pollen on the trampoline and making a huge disgusting mess. Ali spent a little while doing homework while perched in her chair like a bird.

We are all enjoying the warm weather and can't wait for the weekend. We're also counting down the days until Spring Break! 








1 comment:

  1. Everyone has at least on piece of furniture dedicated to a pile of laundry. As long as we keep it to one piece of furniture we are doing pretty good. Hope all works out with Emilia. Due to the play my cleaning schedule is totally screwed. Hoping the weekend allows me to catch up, but we must make an appearance in a neighboring county at a beauty pageant.

    ReplyDelete