Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ride Bennett Girls Ride!

Imagine driving in your driveway and meeting this:

As I drove in the driveway, I saw Ali Grace riding Peaches. Nanny picked her up from school, brought her home, got her saddled up and they went for a ride down some field roads. Ali was in HEAVEN. We haven't let her do much solo riding outside the arena, but after seeing her today, I can see she's clearly ready to ride "unplugged". I am looking forward to riding with her this summer. Nanny also went with the girls to Muffins with Mom at EBA this morning.  

Addie was riding her bike when I got home. She is doing so well without training wheels! She sort of bungles the stop and start parts though. She told me last night "Mama, I need a little help with my parking". She cracks me up. We are going to visit Gran and Papa in Jesup this weekend and she wants to take her bike to show off her skills! 




I had the opportunity to join a bunko group last night. I almost didn't go. Pete had to work late, the house walked a fine line between that "lived in" look and needing a HAZMAT crew, and I was just tired! I had a hundred reasons not to go, but I'm so glad I did! I had a great time with some awesome ladies and I can't wait for the next game. It was so nice to get away from home for a little while and cut up with friends. We all need that every now and then. It really helped me to step back from the everyday demands of life and just have a couple hours of fun.  I especially like that we're meeting on Mondays from now on. There aren't many good things about Mondays, so maybe Bunko night will make at least one monday a month a little more tolerable!

1 comment: