Friday, March 11, 2011

Ready for the Weekend!

After school today I went outside with Addie and watched her ride her bike up and down the driveway. Who would have known she'd like her new bike as much if not more than the trampoline? Then I spotted my honey coming down the road! It's the first time I've seen my husband during the daytime in a while!




I took this picture of the house so I can look back on it and appreciate how pretty everything is when the trees start to bud out, the grass grows, and I have ferns on my porch. Everything looks so SAD right now! 

Speaking of sad... Ali has not yet figured out that girl drama does not persuade me to change my mind about anything. Look at this attitude! 


Pete and I decided between us that she gets her attitude from him. See picture above.

We ate dinner tonight with my parents across the road. Most folks buy their steaks already cut from the grocery store. Daddy buys the entire loin and ages it in his barely above freezing refrigerator. He slices steaks off the loin only when he's ready to grill them. They were AMAZING tonight!


Drama mama finally found a better mood after dinner. They are busy getting ready for Jump Rope for Heart at EBA. She has jumped enough rope to stretch from here to Timbuktu and back. Last night after 9, Pete and I heard "tha thunk da tha thunk da tha thunk da"...Yes, Ali was jumping rope in her room. I thought we were going to have to take her jump rope in order to get her to go to bed. 

FUNNY ADDIE-ISMS OF THE WEEK:
While we were in the car this week, Ali Grace asked me about the flu mist they got last year and the shot they got this year. She asked if the mist was a live virus. She is such a Bill Nye the Science Guy type. I told her that the mist contained WEAKENED virus. Addie piped up and said " Yeah mama that keeps you from getting the flu on saturday and sunday! "   Only Addie!!
****
My mother turned 62 this week. Addie asked her about her birthday and how old she was. Mama told her that she was 62 but that a janitor at her school had told her she didn't look that old! Addie replied, "but Nanny you really do".  Leave it to Addie to be honest.
****
This evening we were having leftovers for supper. Addie asked if she could ride her bike over to Nanny and Poppy's and tell them good night. I told her it was too cold and getting dark and suggested she CALL Nanny instead. I dialed for her and before I knew it she was talking Nanny and Poppy into grilling her a steak for supper!

She has been on a roll lately!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun start to the weekend for he Bennetts! Glad you get to see your hubby before nightfall. I really understand how delightful this can be. Isn't it so good to see kids enjoying the outdoors. I love to hear the laughter of children in our neighborhood. They could ride bikes for ever and never get tired. When we finally get that play date together they could ride bikes. I remember "jump roping for heart" in middle school. Those faces on Ali and Pete are too funny. Have a great weekend- even if you must force yourself to eat those awesome looking steaks. Hope ya'll get to catch a performance of the play in the next two weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are planning on the Sunday matinee' next week!

    ReplyDelete