Friday, March 25, 2011

Cinderella Dressed in Yellow...Jumping Rope Could Kill a Fellow!

Addie cracked me up this afternoon. Ali Grace was telling me about her friend's new pink blackberry. Addie said "uhhh Ali a pink blackberry is called a raspberry Duh!"  She cracks me up.

The kids had a great day at school. Ali Grace had a presentation today in her English class. She had to talk about her essay on dancing. She told me the night before it was due that she needed a "prop" for the essay presentation. Good grief child! I asked her why in the world she didn't write something about horseback riding. We have thousands of pictures of her on horseback and she could have taken her helmet, her saddle, brushes, blankets, bridles, get my drift???  Heck my daddy could have even brought her horse!  But dance?? We don't even take dance lessons anymore for goodness sake! Anyway, all we really had to send was a picture of her in her ballet costume. It was a beautiful canvas and I was crazy for letting her take it. She didn't feel so great about the "prop" but that was the best we could do. She came home today and said that her presentation was great! I asked her what made it so great. She said that when she finished, Ms Dillard, her english teacher exclaimed "Now isn't dance supposed to be fun?"  Ali replied "yes of course" and Ms. Dillard said "well everyone get to the front of the room!" Ali said she was really nervous about what Ms Dillard was about to do! All of a sudden her teacher starts playing The Macarena on her iphone and the whole class did the Macarena. Now that was a great prop!  Ali was so excited telling me about it. I love to hear the kids talk excitedly about school.

The girls talked their daddy into jumping rope this afternoon. It was hysterically funny. When he started jumping, Ali yelled "earthquake!".  He shook the deck and the kids thought it was hilarious.






Addie talked on her "cell phone" with her pal who's "totally just a friend", Carson. Notice her filthy shirt. This is how she comes home everyday. It's somewhat worse during spring when they have snowcones at recess.

Ali has a great woo hoo for the weekend smile!


So does her daddy!



I am in love with our screened porch this time of year. We sat out there until almost dark watching the kids play and rehashing all the craziness of the week and pondering some big decisions we're going to have to make soon. I'm hoping to get some yard work done and a few flowers planted but overall, we're aiming for a low key weekend and a chance to get some much needed rest over the next couple of days. Pete is working in the morning and I'm looking forward to some morning snuggle time with the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment