Sunday, March 20, 2011

Home again Home again Jiggity Jig!

We had a fast paced weekend for sure! We got up early this morning to head back home from Jesup. Addie was not happy about leaving Gran and Papa. She put on Papa's hat and sulked for a little while.

We were late getting home and I had to herd the girls into the shower to get ready to go to the Community Theatre's production of "Belles on Their Toes". Pete was exhausted so I offered Mama his ticket. He wasn't too disappointed and slept all afternoon. I wouldn't have done that had I remembered his sorry butt is off tomorrow!  We made it to the play in time. Ali, Mama and I loved it! Addie was less than impressed. If her friend Mary Will wasn't in the scene, she didn't care a thing about it. There were several colleagues and former students in the play and I really got a good laugh out of their wonderful performance. It's something I need to do more often.

We came home from the play and Daddy had steak grilling on the patio. While we waited for dinner, the girls had to go check out the newest arrival on the Ponderosa... new baby chicks!


You may wonder why I haven't posted many pictures of Ali Grace lately. It's because every time I take her picture, she looks so stinkin' grown! Check out her feet! She's wearing my shoes!

The girls got their new EBA shirts in the mail today. I ordered them for the girls to wear to their spring concert, but Addie insisted on wearing hers to the play tonight. I've got bigger battles to fight, so I relented. 


We've got two more weeks til Spring Break and I can't wait! We've planned a trip to St. Augustine. We have college friends coming to visit during the Masters Tournament and my Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Carlos are coming toward the end of the week! The girls are so excited!  Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming to the play. The cast really went all out and did some extra funny stuff today. I know it is long for someone Addie's age, but tell her MW was so glad she came.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily, Lisa Valduga was being mauled by her daughter behind us, so Addie's mauling me wasn't distracting! We had a great time!

    ReplyDelete