Wednesday, March 23, 2011


This isn't just an ordinary picture of Ali Grace doing her homework. She's doing her homework on MY old lap board. I used this study board when I was her age. It was a gift from my Aunt Ann for Christmas. See how attached I am to things that are connected someway to family or have some sort of history?  I'm weird like that.

Today did not start well. A colleague called early to let me know she would not be coming in today and wanted to let me know what to leave for the students to do. She has a thick accent and it's not easy to understand her over the phone...especially with two daughters yelling at each other and yanking each other around by the necks of their shirts! I about lost it, but before I could, Pete came in and wore both of them out. They crawled in the car crying this morning. I hate mornings like that!  Thankfully, they both bubbled this afternoon talking about Okefenokee Joe's visit to EBA today. That man must be 100 years old. I used to show my Ag classes his videos when I taught wildlife classes. and he was old then!  He must still have it though. The girls were really impressed. 

Emilia came and organized my upstairs today. I am considering making the girls sleep downstairs so they won't make so much as one pollen track in the floor! Ali Grace took a picture of her room with my camera. I told her that's what I mean when I say clean your room!




After a stressful start, we all seemed to get it together and finish the day without much drama. I have a feeling this sister drama is just beginning and I have absolutely no tolerance for it. I am praying for patience tonight. These girls better hope my prayers are answered.  Otherwise, I am going to be the one snatching each of them up by the necks of their shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment