Wednesday, March 16, 2011


How wonderful is it to come home from work, pick your kids up from Nanny and Poppy's, and wipe the red sugary stains from their faces after they've eaten a bowl full of strawberries?  Blessed indeed. Wish I could have gotten a picture! I did get a picture of my first tulip bloom this spring though!

Today was a hectic day and I was glad to see it come to a close. Addie had a rough day. She has an earache and got her stick pulled for the first time all year today. She has been a little nutty lately here at home. Maybe she has spring fever?  I gave her a few antibiotic ear drops and I hope I can avoid a doctor's visit. Fingers crossed.

After Pete got home, I cooked supper and while I was cooking, Addie went rooting around in the storage room and found some sort of crayola contraption. I have a disdain for all things involving paint sprayers inside the house!!  I'm fairly certain this was a gift from Christmas before last. You know the awesome aunts and uncles who love to give these sorts of gifts and watch parents wince when kids open them? We ALL have them! Pete helped the girls spray paint the planets.







After supper, the girls blew bubbles on the deck.  I think they've been playing outside a lot at school. Addie has come home filthy the past few days. She loves to play in the dirt... in a dress of course.



I swear we do brush Addie's hair. I have no idea what happens to it during the day at school.
Both girls are excited about wearing their Saint Patrick's Day outfits tomorrow! Their clothes are ironed and laid out, along with the matching hairbows. I'm sure Addie's will come home completely covered in red dirt, but that's okay.  I love to watch them enjoy the outdoors and I'm doubly glad they're able to enjoy recess at school so please don't think I'm complaining! I love it!








No comments:

Post a Comment