Thursday, April 7, 2011

Friends and Farm Living

This morning the girls slept very late! They are usually early risers so I figured Spring Break must be catching up with them. I let them sleep. Finally they woke up and I told Addie that we were going to Mary Will's for a play date! Addie adores Mary Will and she was so excited! I could not convince her that a dress really wasn't a great idea for a play date.  


The three girls had a great time.  



Addie didn't want to leave and I told her that in the next couple of weeks we should begin foaling at the farm and that Mary Will could come out and see the new babies when they arrive.
Imagine my surprise when I got a call from my daddy saying the first spring foal had arrived shortly after lunch today! Addie demanded that we go back into town and get Mary Will immediately! When I told her we couldn't do that, she asked that we name the foal after Mary Will. I compromised and told her that we'd just call the filly Miss Mary. Addie agreed. 

 Anastasia's Dream aka "Miss Mary" born 4-7-11


We had a great dinner tonight  outside with Aunt Bonnie, Uncle Carlos, Mama and Daddy. Steaks were fantastic and the company wasn't bad either. We've enjoyed the break so far and are looking forward to a fantastic weekend!


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to tell Mary Will about her namesake "Miss Mary". She will be so excited to see pics. We must get out before it gets to hot. We enjoyed having ya'll today. I'm tired of cooking and loading the dishwasher. I think I have paid Matt back for his day worth of porch painting. I will post my pic of the girls tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete