Friday, April 15, 2011

Dust Bowl Children...

I realize that none of the Goad children in The Grapes of Wrath probably wore watermelon sundresses, but sundress aside, doesn't she look like a dust bowl child?  She spent the entire day on the farm with my daddy, wearing a sundress and a pair of Justin cowboy boots.  I don't know if you can tell from the picture just how dirty her dress is and just how tangled that hair is! Addie LIVES it up!




She is a hot mess for sure! The girls had no school today and I asked Addie if she enjoyed her day with Poppy.  She replied "OH YEAH BABY!". I know rotten when I see it! I think Ali spent most of the day in front of the TV but at least she got some time away from Addie, who seems to know every way imaginable to get on Ali's nerves. Ali is still a jump rope nut and I've gotten used to the constant sound of jump roping on my hardwood floors.



We'd planned to go into Louisville this evening to the Arts Guild's spring exhibit. The weather was looking mighty ominous here though and the wind was really getting up so we just decided to stay in for the evening. I am so hoping this storm passes quickly and doesn't put a damper on our weekend plans for easter egg hunts and birthday parties!

1 comment:

  1. Downtown was great-a little wind, but no rain. So excited the egg hunt is Sunday and we will get to go. Message me on db if you want to ride together or follow.

    ReplyDelete