Saturday, April 16, 2011

Carmen in the Kitchen


Wouldn't that be a great name for a cooking show? If I had a show.. and I liked to cook! :)  Ali took this picture this morning while I was cooking. Today the weather made a mess of my plans and so I just decided to tinker in the kitchen. Made some cookies and prepared a few meals to freeze for next week. I also looked up a Ree Drummond recipe I'm going to try for supper tomorrow night. That helped take my mind off the tornado watch that spread across central Georgia today.  

Pete had to help decorate and then chaperone the prom at the high school tonight so it was a girls day. We just laid around and became totally useless as the day went on! That's okay I think. Don't we need a few days like that here and there? Addie got the Nanny and Poppy itch and about drove me crazy until I let her call them. She told them she wanted one of them to come get her! So poppy came to get her on the gator and they fed the horses together.



The moonlight through the pines was beautiful tonight! 



We're hoping the weather will clear up and we can go to church tomorrow and then to a friend's Easter egg hunt. I loved this day at home but by tomorrow I'll be ready to get out and about!

1 comment:

  1. Love the name of your show. I love to get ahead of my week and cook some meals to freeze. Hope we have sunshine for the hunt today.

    ReplyDelete