Sunday, April 17, 2011

An Egg Hunt, A Wild Turkey, and Nice Evening at Home...







This is the face of spoiled rotten. How many of you put on your housecoat and walk across the road to your grandparents' house for a breakfast of sausage, bacon, eggs and grits? Addie Belle Bennett does. WHENEVER she wants. THAT, my friends, is rotten.

After lunch, Addie got Woody, Jessie and her easter basket ready for an egg hunt at the Dowdy Farm. 
I'd never been to the farm, so I followed a friend there. At least I had a witness when I hit a HUGE wild turkey in the road. It flew over my van and feathers went everywhere! Addie was temporarily traumatized. We all had a good laugh over it.
The kids had a great time with the Easter Bunny! 


Addie and Mary Will loaded up on the trailer with the other kids and took off to the hay field for the hunt! Addie had on sunscreen! She just gets red when it's hot outside!

On your mark! Get set! Go!


The kids annihilated at least 500 eggs in about 5 minutes. They reminded me of army worms in a corn field. 

Addie seemed quite pleased with her loot!


Both girls jumped in the hot tub after Addie got home from the egg hunt. 



Then Poppy called and let us know he was cranking up the grill! We stopped for just a minute to check out Lady Longlegs....

But then Addie smelled the grill and took off... I have no idea what Addie is wearing or why she felt that these two items matched in the least. 

And what's an afternoon on the farm without baby puppies??




After dinner, Poppy asked the girls to help him feed the cows and horses...

first the chickens...then the horses...

The girls love their Poppy! 


The girls rode their bikes back home and left me in the dust!  I don't get many opportunities for a quiet walk alone and it was a nice ending to a great day.





No comments:

Post a Comment