Monday, April 25, 2011

Babies growing up is hard on Mama..


Ali Grace had to illustrate a picture of Paul Bunyan and Babe the blue ox. She is so creative. She gets that from her Daddy. I can't draw stick people. Seriously. 



Addie got her zoo tee shirt today. She cannot wait to go on her Big Buddy/Little Buddy field trip to Riverbanks Zoo on Wednesday. She really has enjoyed her year with her big buddy, Lauren. Lauren is a senior this year and once a month comes to do crafts and spend time with Addie. It was quite a blessing! Addie had a wonderful experience! The girls are both growing up so quickly and today when I pulled out Addie's zoo shirt from her bag, and saw it I had a good Mommy cry. 

Notice it says "Class of 2011/Class of 2023"  I thought about Lauren's mother, and although I don't know her,  I'm sure when she sees the shirt she'll remember when Lauren was once a Little Buddy and it will seem like yesterday. So not ready for that. 

 Aside from provoking tears, aren't these the cutest tee shirts you've ever seen?? They have all the kids' signatures Kindergartners as well as Seniors. I thought it was the sweetest idea!

"When you're a little kid you're a bit of everything; Scientist, Philosopher, Artist. Sometimes it seems like growing up is giving these things up one at a time.."
The Wonder Years

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that gets misty eyed thinking about these things. It's amazing how quickly they're growing up. Bittersweet watching them become their own people....

    ReplyDelete