Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hot! Hot! Hot!



We don't have a swimming pool here, but we do have a great hot tub! Pete turned the heater off and it works fine as a small makeshift pool in the summer. The girls played for 2 hours this afternoon nearly skirmish free. I watched from the screened porch under the ceiling fan. It was crazy hot outside today. My daddy, over 60, still works on the farm like he's 35. I think that's because he grew up without air conditioning.  I about died watering the plants on my front porch!


Pete had to work today and I took the girls into town for hair cuts and errands. I do occasionally get stir crazy out here in the sticks but it doesn't happen often! I really enjoy waking up whenever I want, wearing my nightgown until lunch and spending time with my girls since during the school year the spare time is so hard to come by. I know I'm getting older because I find crowds to be stressful and suffocating sometimes. Luckily around here you won't find a crowd even in town! I much prefer the sticks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment