Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Change is good...

Well I guess now is a good time to say.... next year I will only be teaching part time. The other part of my day I will be a math instructional coach at my school. I am excited and overwhelmed at the same time. Benjamin Franklin said, "When you're finished changing, you're finished."  I suppose he was right. I've tossed around several options over the past few months. I have a traveler's soul I think. I just can't be happy in one position for any length of time or I get bored and stagnant. I've been teaching school for 13 years and I've taught every grade 6 through 12. I've taught everything from agriculture to science to social studies to math. Most teachers like to stay in their comfort zones and I wish a thousand times over that I could be that way. I just can't. I need to shake it up about every 3 or 4 years. I thought really hard about changing schools this year since Pete is in a different district. However, I felt like this opportunity came about for a reason and I'm taking it as a sign that I'm meant to stay in Jefferson County at Louisville Middle.  I am REALLY looking forward to working with teachers next year. It will definitely be a new role for me and the challenge is just what I need at this point in my career.  I had gotten really discouraged this past year and I hope God will use me in this new position to mentor new teachers, encourage veterans and reinvigorate myself as well. I will be teaching a lab connections class trying to do some hands on math and science instruction for the first part of the day and then I will work with teachers the other half. Sounds exciting doesn't it?? I really am happy about the new challenges ahead!



In other news, Addie continues to be beyond excited about her graduation tomorrow night. She is absolutely giddy about her grandparents coming into town tomorrow.  After graduation, Addie's first year at Edmund Burke Academy will come to a close. Sniffle. Sniffle.  She will be leaving with Pete's mom and dad and going back to Jesup for a few days. Addie adores Gran and Papa. I will miss her but I'm looking forward to spending a little time with Ali Grace over the next week and I am positive that Addie will have a blast! Know what the best thing about summer break is? NO HOMEWORK! Yay for family time again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment