Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Cup Runneth Over...

Today was a great day to be a farm girl! My dad hitched up the horse trailer and went off to get a horse he'd bought from a friend of ours. She's beautiful isn't she? 

We had a brand new baby born last night, a colt. 


Ali Grace has had a great time monopolizing her grandparents' time in Addie's absence. She romped around the farm all day from horses to puppies to bicycle. She and her friend Jordan consumed an enormous amount of blackberries fresh from the bush. Nothing says summer like a berry stained face!





Being a teacher is tough and sometimes it's hard to see the positive things because the negatives often overwhelm you. I think God must have seen my frustration because this past week I've had messages from students who are graduating from college, I've had students get unbelievable test scores at school, and today I got a surprise visit from two former students from Effingham. They stopped by on their way to Athens and it was so good to see them. I won't put Frances' picture here because she "had no makeup on".  :) But I had to put Chad's! They were both great students... some of the best. We had a GREAT time back then. They're both great examples of imperfect people who've done a great job with the hand they were dealt. They've both hit rough patches in the road here and there, but they've persevered and I'm so proud of them.  Yes this past week my cup runneth over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment