Thursday, May 5, 2011

I wanna be a COWGIRL baby!


No pics of the kids today.. Sorry. I'm worn out. There's a story behind that actually. I was just thinking to myself how much I am rockin' this new hair cut and how cool I will be once I get my eyebrows waxed tomorrow and my nails done.. Next thing I know I'm running down a dirt road in an old pair of tennis shoes wielding a tree branch, chasing a cow.... several cows actually.  My mom and I were walking since the weather was so nice and all of a sudden a thundering herd comes flying out of her driveway. JAILBREAK! STAMPEDE!  No seriously, it didn't quite qualify as a thundering herd, but it WAS a semi-emergency! I called back to the house and told Ali that I would be chasing cows because I'm a COWGIRL baby! :)  (I'm saying that while making a roping motion with my invisible lasso! )

After we got the cows at least enclosed within my parents' property, I called again to make sure the kids were alright since Pete was working late. No one answers. A thousand things went through my head as I ran back to the house. I was thinking of all the things I was going to yell at them when I got over here and when I rounded the curve of the driveway I saw two red pony tails hopping up and down in the backyard. They were on the trampoline outside! When they saw me, Addie said "Mama!!! We remembered our bug spray!" Aren't they the sweetest things in the world??

I went back to chasing cows and we finally got them all in the right pastures. You know, I have a couple friends and a cousin who run these crazy half marathon things all the time. I've always thought I could never do that. Now that I've successfully run, by my estimate, about 52 miles this afternoon, I think I've got that marathon thing down! Yes, God has a funny way of reminding us when may be getting to big for our boots! We may think we're cool with our italian leather sandals, but we're really not one bit better than an old ratty pair of tennis shoes caked with Georgia red clay.  Wearing old ratty shoes chasing cows down a dirt road is okay too. It's good to be reminded of that sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. I'd take the waxed brows and sandals anyday, but tonight I have been in my dusting clothes.

    ReplyDelete