Sunday, October 2, 2011



I think going an entire week without blogging must be a record for me! We were just swamped this week. Pete had several activities going on with his FFA kids and I was in and out of hotels all week it felt like! Thankfully, we are all back under one roof tonight and it feels good!  

I was very happy to attend the South Atlantic Relay Summit in Greensboro, NC this weekend. Truly it was a life changing experience. I think the most moving experience for me was the silent testimonies. Many of you have seen them at church. These were just unreal. One woman, who looked to be about my age, held up her cardboard sign that read "Because of YOU, I beat breast cancer". Then she turned the cardboard sign over and it said "THREE TIMES". Another said "I lost my brother to Leukemia 20 years ago". The flip side said "He was my only sibling and he would have a much better chance of being alive if diagnosed today because of YOU." Just unbelievable.  Relay is very personal to me and it was very personal to almost everyone I traveled with this weekend. If you are not involved in your county's Relay, please consider it. You will get more from it than you give. 

There were many funny moments at the Summit. The Georgia delegation was given ORANGE shirts! WHAT?? Orange?  We all had a good laugh over the fact that Georgia folks were wearing orange on game day. Well, during the sessions people would tweet about their experience and the tweets were flashed up on the huge screens during break times and meal times.  I tweeted "I just found out these ORANGE Georgia shirts are actually PEACH. WHEW! I feel better now!".  It was read out loud on the stage as the "tweet of the day".  Too funny! But even funnier was the tweet of the day the day before. It said "Why YES, my boobs ARE fake. My real ones tried to kill me!" Now THAT is funny!

I had a great time but I am so glad to be home. Pete and the girls went to Augusta to toodle around today while I cleaned house. I love a clean house! The girls were so excited to hear that their cousin Colten is coming to visit next weekend to see Ali Grace cheer her last Jr. Pro home game.  Even though I have to be in Augusta for a conference tomorrow, I will be home in the evenings and thankfully, we'll have a slower week this week. Enjoy your week everyone!



1 comment:

  1. good for you as you know this is very personal to me too!

    ReplyDelete