Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Blessed!


Tonight the girls and I went along with Poppy to family night at the Burke County Cattleman's meeting. Pete had an area Ag Teacher's meeting and met us there after dinner. I always love this meeting because the kids have such a wonderful time playing with the other children from all over the county. Some go to public school, some go to EBA with my girls, and some to the local Mennonite school. I LOVE watching them all play together. What if we adults could all be like children? What if we could meet each other, make no judgments, form no prejudices, and just enjoy each other's company? Addie told me right after dinner, "I'm going to find someone to play with!"  I couldn't help but think of the verse from Matthew that reminds us that we must become like little children if we are to ever enter the kingdom of heaven.




We also had the pleasure of meeting our new Burke County 4-H Agent, Heather Savelle! I've watched Heather grow up, as I taught Agriculture for several years and I knew her father, who was also an agriculture teacher. We are SO excited to have her in Burke County! After seeing this raucus bunch of kids, she may be having second thoughts about coming here!  Ali Grace cannot wait to start her 4-H project on honeybees. We had a great evening and I feel so blessed to be planted in this place. I know I've said it many times, almost to the point of being boastful, but I just love it here. My little slice of heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment