Friday, June 17, 2011

That girl's got SKILLS!


I felt terrible last night after a day of fighting a runny nose, sneezing, coughing, etc. I hate taking medicine but finally relented and took a DayQuil. This morning I was reminded why I hate taking medicine. I felt like I had a hangover all day. I'd just stretched out on the sofa this afternoon when my mother called and said daddy had fallen in the garage and cut his nose. I went tearing over there and although it's one nasty cut, I thought he could survive without stitches. Crisis averted. Turns out he fell off the counter in the garage. He was standing on the counter trying to turn the radio station off the obituary column. I can hear it on WPEH now, " A Vidette man tried to turn the radio station from the obituary column and ended up IN the obituary column".  Thank goodness it wasn't more serious. Addie cannot stand to see blood and she didn't want to go with me to check on Poppy. She said uhhh I'm just gonna check him on that later! Too funny.

Tonight we grilled out and Mama taught Ali Grace how to make potato salad (It was delicious!) and how to slice okra and fry it. Of all the skills we southerners learn, I can't imagine any more valuable than making good potato salad and frying fresh okra. Now those are some SERIOUS skills!  


No comments:

Post a Comment