Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pandamania!





This afternoon, Pete dropped the girls off at VBS and went to a pistol competition in Augusta and while he was there, he also went by David's Bridal to pick up the girls' flower girl dresses for Erin's wedding. (Thanks honey!) I thought it was a suitable errand. You know, one that would counter all that testosterone that builds up at the firing range.  


Anyhow, a friend of mine in my bunco group was really bragging on the pizza at one of the local eateries, Home Fresh Bistro in Louisville. So, tonight Mom and Dad wanted to check it out and I got to tag along since the rest of my brood was off doing their own thing. My daddy is very judgmental about pizza! He is more of a steak/pork chop/fried chicken kinda guy and pizza must be spectacular for him to like it! Y'all, if you haven't had the Bistro's pizza, you must! Waynesboro peeps, it's worth the drive to Louisville! Hands down best pizza around. The meal was reasonably priced, the service was good and the strawberry cake for dessert, which I am almost certain was made with fresh strawberries, was absolutely to die for. Five stars to The Home Fresh Bistro! Add them on facebook to see their daily specials. 

After eating, Mom and I made a few laps at the city park. Probably enough to work off the calories from just SMELLING the strawberry cake at The Bistro. Then, off we went to see the kids in the Pandamania Finale. The kids really were spectacular and I so enjoyed seeing the kids sing. Y'all know I don't dig contemporary music at all really, and it did my heart good to see a little "How Great Thou Art" mixed in amongst the other songs! What a wonderful week the girls had! They were certainly blessed by the experience and I am so thankful for all the hands that helped make it possible. 





Thanks to my friend Laurie for taking these VBS pics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment