Thursday, June 23, 2011

I Bees in LOVE with a Small Town!


I remarked on facebook today about how wonderful it is to live in a place where you can go to a restaurant that doesn't have a big tall towering eye sore of a sign, one that's locally owned, one that's run by people you know... a place where you eat well and see people like your preacher, the local middle school band director, and a friend from your bunko group. I know that some people love the anonymity of city life but I much prefer the familiar security of a small town. Ali and Addie wanted to eat their dessert tonight at a bistro table alone and I let them. We really enjoyed dinner. The weather had cooled down a bit and we could actually breathe outside. Beth and I sat on the screened porch and enjoyed the breeze for a few minutes tonight while Colten and the redheads ran wild like the Brumbies..

I've just been so busy lately that I haven't been able to blog as regularly as I'd like. But, I hate feeling like I HAVE to blog and sometimes I just don't want to tear myself AWAY from what's going on to WRITE about what's going on... but I'm going to be better. I've been chastised. By my mother.... And several of her friends..

In other news, look what arrived today:  BEES! Pete is so excited about starting our hives and we are ALL anxious to taste our first honey harvest! We haven't put the bees in the hive yet today since it was rainy almost all day. Pete spent the past few days in his Honeybees 101 class. He really tickles me with his love of learning. It's not just a love of learning... it's learning things that are just a little out there.. honeybees.. wow. Okay. I dig it darlin'. I'm in!!



Maybe tomorrow we can get the hive put out. The girls are just fascinated by the idea. I am too. I haven't admitted it to anyone until now.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment